Information on Covid-19 For Clients – updated 31/08/20
For information about our new postal service for wormers and flea treatments, please see https://www.peelvetclinic.co.uk/worm-flea-treatments-postal-service-during-covid-19-lockdown-update-03-04-20/
The previous general rules still apply:
a) We will maintain social distancing of 2m at all times.
b) Please do not attempt to come to the Practice without an arrangement in place.
c) Hand gel is available in reception and must be used immediately on entry to the surgery if you are invitied to come inside.
We are all responsible for reducing the spread of Covid-19 and these measures we have introduced are designed to protect our clients and staff. Please help us to continue providing you with our services by observing these rules.
We appreciate your patience at this difficult time. Please remember, if you need us, we are here.
We would like to reassure clients that at this time, there is no evidence to suggest that animals can be infected with Covid-19.
1) We will be adhering to social distancing and ask that at all times you remain 2 metres away from other clients and our staff members.
2) Please do not come to the surgery without a booked appointment. When you arrive, please knock on the door or window, or call us from your car to let us know you have arrived.
3) Online booking has been switched off.
4) If you unsure as to whether your animal needs to be seen then please phone us and we will provide you with telephone triage and advise and decide if a consultation is required.
5) We would like to reassure owners that they are able to come into the surgery to be with their pet in the sad event that their pet is put to sleep. We will also attend your garden for this if you prefer (as long as we do not need to go through the house to access the garden).
6) Anyone entering the building must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer where washing is not possible.
7) If you need to order repeat prescriptions, please phone in advance. We require a minimum of 48 hours notice at this time. As above when you come to collect them make your presence known and we will bring them out to you.
8) We would ask you to pay by card (either over the phone or in person if you are attending the surgery) or by BACS please. We are limiting our handling of cash at this time.
9) May we remind you that if you, or someone that you live with or care for, has signs of Coronavirus (high temperature, a new cough or loss of sense of smell) that you should NOT come into the practice. Please arrange for someone to bring them in on your behalf but please PHONE US in advance to let us know so that we can take the adequate precautions at our end to protect our staff and our ability to continue our services.
Remember: we are ALL responsible for slowing the spread of the virus.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and patience with us during such a difficult time for everyone.
**One final reminder: Emergency care and care of sick animals will continue to be provided. Please do not fear – if your pet needs to be seen then they will be seen.**
If you have any questions or concerns about your pet’s health, please contact us at your usual surgery.