Information on Covid-19 For Clients – updated 03/11/2020
UPDATE ON OUR SERVICES DURING THE NOVEMBER LOCKDOWN PERIOD
Many thanks to our clients for waiting to hear from us regarding our services following the government announcement on Saturday.
We are pleased to inform you that this lockdown period should be far less disruptive than the previous lockdown period and the majority of our services will continue as normal. However, in line with guidance from our professional bodies, we will be making a few changes to allow us to cope with staff shortages and to support the government aim of reducing unnecessary movement of people during lockdown. Please see below for more details.
As previously, please do not visit the surgery if you have tested positive for Covid or if you are self-isolating. Please contact us by telephone, email or Facebook message and we will assist you in the best way we can.
Since the beginning of last week, clients have been able to come into the waiting area at both surgeries. This will continue at the moment. However, we require your cooperation in providing this facility in a safe manner for both clients and our teams. Please read the signage carefully and follow the instructions.
Please use face coverings when attending the surgery and use the hand sanitiser provided on entry and on exiting the surgeries. Please do not enter until your appointment time. Only one person per appointment is permitted and only 2 people in the waiting room at any one time please.
From Thursday 5th November, we will not be performing routine vaccinations for adult animals unless they are required to prevent a pet from becoming overdue. If you are unsure about whether your pet fits into this category or not, please contact us for advice. We will continue to vaccinate puppies/kittens/rabbits and any animals who are as yet unvaccinated or are part way through courses of vaccinations.
We will not be booking appointments for routine nails clips or other similar appointments, such as weighing for wormers, unless there is a genuine need to be seen during the lockdown period. In addition, we may suggest telephone consultations for conditions where this is appropriate, for example post operative checks following minor procedures, medication check ups for well animals and minor conditions that may be safely assessed by photograph. Please be reassured we will continue to physically see sick animals routinely.
We will not be performing elective neutering during the lockdown period, unless there is a medical need. If you are not sure which category your pet falls into, please contact us.
We will continue to post out parasite treatments as we have over the last several months.
Our other services will continue as previously. Please be reassured that we are here to help and if you have any questions, we are happy to answer them. We are aware that our phone lines are especially busy as people have concerns regarding lockdown. May we request that wherever possible, you contact us by email or Facebook message if your enquiry is not urgent. Thank you again for all your understanding during what has been a very difficult year for everyone. We continue to be here to support you and your pets in any way we can.
We are all responsible for reducing the spread of Covid-19 and these measures we have introduced are designed to protect our clients and staff. Please help us to continue providing you with our services by observing these rules.
We appreciate your patience at this difficult time. Please remember, if you need us, we are here.
We would like to reassure clients that at this time, there is no evidence to suggest that animals can be infected with Covid-19.
1) We will be adhering to social distancing and ask that at all times you remain 2 metres away from other clients and our staff members.
2) Please do not come to the surgery without a booked appointment.
3) Online booking has been switched off.
4) If you unsure as to whether your animal needs to be seen then please phone us and we will provide you with telephone triage and advise and decide if a consultation is required.
5) We would like to reassure owners that they are able to come into the surgery to be with their pet in the sad event that their pet is put to sleep. We will also attend your garden for this if you prefer (as long as we do not need to go through the house to access the garden).
6) Anyone entering the building must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer where washing is not possible. Face coverings are mandatory.
7) If you need to order repeat prescriptions, please phone in advance. We require a minimum of 48 hours notice at this time. As above when you come to collect them make your presence known and we will bring them out to you.
8) We would ask you to pay by card (either over the phone or in person if you are attending the surgery) or by BACS please. We are limiting our handling of cash at this time.
9) May we remind you that if you, or someone that you live with or care for, has signs of Coronavirus (high temperature, a new cough or loss of sense of smell) that you should NOT come into the practice. Please arrange for someone to bring them in on your behalf but please PHONE US in advance to let us know so that we can take the adequate precautions at our end to protect our staff and our ability to continue our services.
Remember: we are ALL responsible for slowing the spread of the virus.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and patience with us during such a difficult time for everyone.
**One final reminder: Emergency care and care of sick animals will continue to be provided. Please do not fear – if your pet needs to be seen then they will be seen.**
If you have any questions or concerns about your pet’s health, please contact us at your usual surgery.