This data protection policy explains how Peel Veterinary Clinic protects and uses personal data. This policy also describes your rights and gives you guidance on how you can protect your rights. You can always contact us for privacy and data protection issues by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect?
We are transparent about how we collect and process personal data. Peel Veterinary Clinic Ltd. collects only personal information that is necessary, relevant and not superfluous for the purpose for which they are intended. Normally, we collect your personal information when you register with us to enable us to fulfil our contract with you, such as to update you on the health of your animals, provide our reminder service and also to contact you regarding outstanding accounts. Personal data collected can include your full name, telephone numbers and email address.
We may also contact you following your consent being given to us to supply you with our Practice Newsletter.
In addition, we may also take bank card details or bank account details from time to time to process payments or refunds. At no time are these details recorded, they are immediately used and then destroyed/forgotten.
What do we do with your information?
We hold your information in order to fulfill our contract with you. Common examples of our use of your information can be found below:
|Purpose of collecting data||Legal basis for collection|
|Providing our veterinary services||Contract & Consent|
|Providing our reminder service||Contract & Consent|
|Production of accounts||Legitimate Interest & Legal obligation|
|Record keeping||Contract, Consent, Legal obligations & Legitimate Interest|
|Newsletters and Updates||Consent & Legitimate Interest|
With whom may we share your information?
We may share your personal information with companies necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations to you and for other purposes as set out in this Data Protection Policy, such as our legal requirement for record keeping. We have taken steps to keep the amount of data shared to a minimum. Examples include veterinary referral centres, pet crematoria, veterinary laboratories and debt collection service.
Peel Veterinary Clinic Ltd. may provide necessary information to authorities such as the police, tax authorities or other authorities if we are required to do so by law or if you have agreed to do so.
What we will NOT do with your data
We will not, in any circumstances, sell or otherwise transfer your personal data to third parties that are not associated with the delivery and execution of Peel Veterinary Clinic Ltd. products and services.
How long do we save your personal information?
We will only save your data for as long as it is necessary to perform our contractual obligations to you and as long as required by statutory storage times. You are always welcome to use your rights as stated below.
Your rights to your personal data
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Peel Veterinary Clinic Ltd. holds about you.
- The right to request that Peel Veterinary Clinic Ltd. correct your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data be deleted (“the right to be forgotten”) when it is no longer necessary for Peel Veterinary Clinic Ltd. to retain such data. Please note that other laws might partially prevent you from using this right (e.g., laws on taxation (HMRC) and keeping of accounting records).
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive newsletters.
- The right to request that Peel Veterinary Clinic Ltd. provide you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing. In case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
- Any query about your Privacy Rights or execution of rights should be sent to email@example.com
Incident with personal data
A personal data incident is an event that causes personal information to fall into the wrong hands, to be lost or updated incorrectly. Such an incident, if assessed to be material, shall be notified to the governing authority within 72 hours and to the person to which the information relates. If the incident is assessed to be non-significant/not material, the incident is only documented in Peel Veterinary Clinic Ltd. internal monitoring of compliance with this policy.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Peel Veterinary Clinic Ltd. reserves the right to amend this Data Protection Policy at any time. When we make changes to this policy, we will change the revision date at the bottom of this page. The changed policy is valid for you and your personal information after that date. If we make changes that significantly alter our data protection practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Employee responsibility to comply with this policy
Peel Veterinary Clinic Ltd. employees are required to comply with this policy.
Governance and compliance
Peel Veterinary Clinic Ltd. reviews the effectiveness of its Data Protection Policy program. We conduct annual evaluations to measure compliance with this policy.
Reporting breach of this policy
Violations of this policy should be reported via appropriate channels. Reporting can be done anonymously and without risk of reprisals. You can always inform us of any concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last edited 24th May 2018